skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The IJ-7 Academic Track discusses the following main themes:
Examples of research topics of interest:
- How journalism and innovation interact.
- How journalism can cover innovation processes and innovation ecosystems.
- Towards a systems view: Public attention and attention work in innovation communication ecosystems, the stakeholders and audiences, and the interaction between these elements.
- Professional norms, values, codes of ethics and principles of innovation journalism.
- How newsrooms and other professional organizations affect the coverage of innovation.
- Democracy and governance: The role of journalism in the innovation economy.
- Concept of attention work, the professional generation and brokering of attention.
- Concept of innovation communication systems; the flow of attention in innovation systems.
- How innovation processes and innovation ecosystems interact with public attention, with news media as an actor.
- Interdependencies between journalism and other actors in the innovation system.
- The roles of reputation and trust in the innovation ecosystem.
- Business Models for innovation journalism.
- Models of innovation and media, including firm, industry and economy-wide innovation systems.
- Governance, accountability and innovation in and by journalists and media actors.
- State of the art as well as theory and practice in the teaching of innovation journalism.
- Innovation journalism and feminism.